Holy Stone HS170 quad is all around a great quality quadcopter both for beginners and experienced pilots.
First off beginners will really like the three speed settings in the great stability of this quadcopter.
it’s a good size for flying inside and it has plenty of power to fly outside even in light winds and the weight on this one is less than half a pound, so you do not have to worry about registering it with the FAA.
For the size of this quadcopter, it has one of the best gyros built into it and the motors are very well balanced. The lightweight frame is strong and durable. The transmitter does look dated and it requires six double A batteries, which is a little annoying but it functions well.
I do wish that they have labeled the functions on the control but the controller is white so you can just take a black permanent marker and put little notes on which button is which.
6-Axis Gyro Technology makes it possible for excellent performance of flips and rolls by simple push of the button.Hold down the right direction stick to perform each cool rolling in any direction.
It is 2.4 gigahertz, so the signal will be very reliable and the distance was surprisingly good at over 30 meters.
You can also find more than one of these at the same time they do give you a good sized battery of 350mha and will provide around six minutes
of flight time.
Just make sure you let the quad cool down for about 10 minutes between flights, so you don’t burn out the motors. Charging is done to a USB charger which takes about 30 min typically charge.
Important Tips :
1. Suitable for pilots aged 14 years or older (please follow the instruction manual carefully)
2. This quadcopter has powerful, ultra-responsive motors. Adjust the throttle slowly to maintain control
3. The motors and circuit board may heat up with use. Take a 10-minute cool-down break between flights to ensure your parts last as long as possible
4. The USB charger should be used with a current input under 0.5A, or you could use an upgraded battery charger (Asin: B00QHUONLE)
5. The weight of the quadcopter is less than .5lb, so no FAA registration is required
1 x Quadcopter
1 x 2.4G Remote controller (AA batteries not ncluded)
1 x 3.7V 350mAh Li-Ion battery
4 x Additional rotator blades
1 x USB charging cable
1 x Screwdriver
1 x User Manual